Getting a US visa in Canada is a relatively quick process for most people. Wait times for interviews before the pandemic were:
- Calgary: 9-128 calendar days
- Ottawa: 3-10 calendar days
- Halifax: 1-2 calendar days
- Montreal: 2-30 calendar days
- Quebec: 7 Calendar days
- Toronto: 3-8 calendar days
- Vancouver: 2-5 calendar days
- Winnipeg: Office currently does not handle visa applications.
We’ll update these waitimes when the pandemic is over.
After the interview there is a waiting period of usually 10 calendar days to receive the visa.
However, if you want to get one faster, the option is available. You can get a us visa appointment faster than normal by doing one or both of these two things:
- emailing proof of urgency (a death certificate in case of a funeral, a letter from the hospital where your sick relative is, etc) to the Embassy or Consulate where you are going for your appointment
- checking for earlier appointments using the online booking system.
Only emergency travel reasons may be acceptable proofs of urgency.
Apply for a Visitor or Business Visa to the USA
DS 160 Application
We’ll review your application for accuracy and completeness, submit it to the US authorities and book your appointment at the Embassy or Consulate.